- hand sewn 8” trace has a resistance of 7 ohms
- machine sewn top thread 4” trace before thread broke has a resistance of 1 ohms
- machine sewn bottom thread 8” trace has a resistance of 1 ohms
- difficult to thread a size 24 crewel needle
- frays and whiskers
- medium ease to sew by hand, breaks as a top thread, snags a bit as a bobbin thread
- thread is wound on a plastic bobbin and has to be rewound on a bobbin which matches your sewing machine’s specifications
Hand sewn LED circuit on cotton broad cloth with felt backing.
Positive and negative traces are 8 inches long.
Threads a crewel needle size 24 easily.
Hand sews a basic running stitch with few tangles or difficulties.
1.8mm blue LED with 4 tight loops around the LED leads.
Use a fresh 3V CR2032 battery to power the circuit.
LED glows = empirical evidence that the thread is conductive
Machine Stitching with a Schmetz Embroidery Needle 90/14