- hand sewn 8” trace has a resistance of 22 ohms
- machine sewn top thread 8” trace has a resistance of 66 ohms
- machine sewn bottom thread 8” trace has a resistance of 25 ohms
- easy to thread a size 24 crewel needle
- minimal fray or whisker
- easy to sew by hand as well as machine
- thread is wound on an industrial spool and has to be rewound on a bobbin for machine sewing
Lame Life Saver thread is conductive, medium diameter, and has minimal fray. This thread is RECOMMENDED for both hand sewing and machine sewing eTextiles, soft circuit, craft-tech, or wearable computing.
For this review I used a sample Lame sent me April 2012. After 2 years the product has not tarnished.
Lame Life Saver
Their website states:
Resistance = 20 ohm/ft
Deiner = 18