- hand sewn 8” trace has a resistance of 7 ohms
- machine sewn top thread 8” trace has a resistance of 13 ohms
- machine sewn bottom thread 8” trace has a resistance of 7 ohms
- easy to thread a size 24 crewel needle
- does not fray or whisker
- easy to sew by hand as well as machine
- thread is wound on an industrial spool and has to be rewound on a bobbin for machine sewing
Hand sewn LED circuit on cotton broad cloth with felt backing.
Positive and negative traces are 8 inches long.
Threads a crewel needle size 24 easily.
Hand sews a basic running stitch with few tangles or difficulties.
1.8mm blue LED with 4 tight loops around the LED leads.
Use a fresh 3V CR2032 battery to power the circuit.
LED glows = empirical evidence that the thread is conductive
Machine Stitching with a Schmetz Embroidery Needle 90/14
Machine stitching sample
top trace is Mitsifuji thread as top thread
bottom trace is Mitsifuji thread as bobbin thread
both methods sew smoothly without snags or fraying